It was a long, draining month, but with the help of many generous supporters we we’re able to attain our funding goal on Kickstarter. Endless thanks to everyone that contributed! For the most part, this now means busting our butts on Fist Puncher and getting Washington’s Wig out to our backers. With so much on our plate, we wanted to first lay out what’s going to be happening over the next few weeks.
1. A Kickstarter message will be sent out to everyone requesting email information for the digital thank you card and how you would like your name to appear on the web site credits.
2. We’re wrapping up adding the music from the Washington’s Wig Hot Beats contest (anyone who still wants to submit a song should do so by the end of Wednesday, May 2nd) to Washington’s Wig. We should have a downloadable PC copy of Washington’s Wig ready by the end of the week for everyone that contributed $5 or more.
3. Beta testers, we’re tweaking a few things on Fist Puncher and preparing to put out the first PC beta version by the end of the week. Stay tuned, we’ll send out instructions once it’s ready.
5. Everyone that will have signage or a character in Fist Puncher will receive a set of questions via Kickstarter in the next couple of weeks requesting more information so we can get cracking on adding a sign or character.
6. We will be adding 13(!) new fan determined levels to Fist Puncher. Based on the first poll, we’ve decided to add the top 3 highest voted levels: Hitler’s Birthday, Ninja Golfcourse, and Nude Beach. We’ll be adding more polls in the upcoming weeks to Facebook to pick new levels. In the meantime, send us ideas!
7. There is still time to submit a Fist Puncher pose for the NPC contest. If you get it in by the end of the day, you’ll still be in the draw. Otherwise, we’ll choose a winner in the next 24 hours.
Crossover time! We’ve added some of our favorite characters from other indie games to Washington’s Wig. Check out the video to see A Virus Named TOM and Escape Goat in action in Washington’s Wig. Who else makes an appearance? You’ll have to get the game to find out. Hurry though, there’s only a few days remaining on our Fist Puncher Kickstarter. So roll over to Kickstarter before time runs out to reserve a copy!
Here are a few outtakes from the mountains of video that we recorded for our Kickstarter. Nothing groundbreaking just us acting like buffoons. Time is running out on our Fist Puncher Kickstarter. Get over there now to reserve a copy of Fist Puncher and Washington’s Wig.
Not sure if anyone here has a Vogue Insider account so we’re going to try to post an excerpt from an interview that we did with fashionable minds over at Polish Vogue (Insider accounts can view the entire bit). We weren’t able to get a screenshot of the whole article… hopefully we can post that a little later (click on the screenshot below to enlarge and make it easier to read).
We have one more week left on our Fist Puncher Kickstarter. That means time is running out to reserve a copy of Fist Puncher or Washington’s Wig or get one of the many great Kickstarter incentives including a chance to appear in the Fist Puncher game. It’s going to be a busy week so we put together the above video reminding everyone of what’s going on. Here’s a quick rundown:
- There are currently 2 contests going on here at Team2Bit. First, we’re still accepting entries for the Washington’s Wig Hot Beats contest. Remix the Washington’s Wig theme and we’ll add the best remixes to the release of the game! Second, we’re also running the Fist Puncher Pose NPC contest. Like us on Facebook and then submit or post a Fist Puncher pose picture for a chance to win a slot as an NPC in the Fist Puncher game.
Last week we added new Kickstarter stretch goals If you haven’t seen it on Facebook yet, be sure to vote for which level you’d like to see added to Fist Puncher. We’re currently at $12K, and as promised for every $1K over our $10K goal, we’ll add a fan-voted level. If we can reach $15K we’ll be sending a full set of Fist Puncher cards to each person who pledges over $15 ($20 international).
Finally, we’ll have more updates and videos coming this week, so stay tuned!
Contest time! With one week left on our Kickstarter, we’re happy to announce a contest to give away one of the Kickstarter incentives as a PRIZE!
Here’s how the contest works:
1. like us on Facebook
2. post a picture to our Facebook showing yourself in a FIST PUNCHER pose (or send us the picture to email@example.com and we’ll post it). A FIST PUNCHER pose can mean just about anything: punching, kicking, flexing, beekeeping, swinging a bat, throwing a smart car, wearing Dr. Karate scrubs, or just about anything that has something to do with FIST PUNCHER.
Anyone who enters will be added to a random drawing. The winner of the drawing will appear as an Non-Playable Character with one line of dialog in FIST PUNCHER. It’s easy to enter, and the winner gets immortalized in our 8-bit world. So put on your brawler faces, grab your cameras, and let’s start Fist Punching!
In the meantime, check out our Fist Puncher Kickstarter to see all of the crazy things that you can win by donating to our fundraising campaign.
With less than 2 weeks remaining on our Kickstarter, time is running out to reserve your copy of Washington’s Wig, the winning game on IGN’s The Next Game Boss. We’ve added some new features including power-ups, collectibles, new enemies, and a 2P versus mode. Check out the latest trailer, and don’t forget that there is still time to submit music to be included IN THE GAME. The best fan submitted tracks will be added to the Washington’s Wig soundtrack:
Some of our higher level Fist Puncher Kickstarter incentives include becoming an NPC, major enemy, level boss, or playable character in the actual Fist Puncher game. We thought people might be interested to learn more about appearing in Fist Puncher so we took some time to talk to James Richard III. James is one of the first people to have the honor of becoming immortalized in 8-bit greatness, and will be appearing as a boss in the upcoming Fist Puncher release. We met James a few months ago during IGN’s The Next Game Boss reality show and loved the energy and enthusiasm that he brought to the set. We knew immediately that he’d make a terrific character in Fist Puncher. Here we are a few months later, and James is now a main enemy boss going toe-to-toe with Dr. Karate and the rest of the FP cast!
Plus, don’t forget about the new stretch goals on our Kickstarter campaign including a chance to get the full set of trading cards and an opportunity to vote on new levels that we’ll add to Fist Puncher. Visit the Team2Bit facebook page and click on the poll to vote NOW! Check out the video below for complete details on our stretch goals:
Thanks to our generous backers, we reached our $10K Kickstarter funding goal for Fist Puncher. However, the more money we can raise, the more time we can devote to making Fist Puncher an incredible game. That being said, with 2 weeks left on our Fist Puncher Kickstarter campaign, we’ve added some new stretch goals and incentives to get people fired up again! For every $1000 over our $10,000 goal we’ll add a new level to Fist Puncher that is chosen by you, the fans! We’ve added a poll to our facebook page where you can vote on what levels you would like to see added or you can send us a message to suggest new levels for the poll. So if we hit $11,000 we’ll add the top ranked level. If we hit $12,000 we’ll add the top 2 ranked levels. Again, we’ll keep adding levels for every $1000 over our goal!
We’ve also had tremendous interest in our trading cards. If we hit $15,000, then we’ll also send a complete set of Fist Puncher trading cards to everyone that pledged $15 or more ($20 international). This set will include all 8 of the standard playable Fist Puncher characters as well as cards for each person who pledged to be added as a playable character.
We’ve had a tons of musicians contact us to ask if we need help with the soundtracks to our games. The truth is that we already have a pretty robust Fist Puncher soundtrack ready to go, and it’s hard to squeeze anything else in there. But we’ve had to turn down so many enthusiastic and talented musicians that we decided we had to find a way to get them involved.
That’s why we’re officially accepting submissions for songs to appear on the Washington’s Wig soundtrack. We’re open to music of many styles, but we ask that they incorporate at least 2 of these 3 themes:
2. Hot beats
3. Freedom (we’ll also take Liberty)
We’re providing a small sample pack from the ‘Liberty Theme’, the song we made on the Next Game Boss finale. You can remix this song or reuse the samples for something totally new. Or don’t use the samples at all and come up with your own idea. Check out the trailer for a reminder of what the Libery Theme sounds like:
We can’t afford to pay for your work and we can’t guarantee we’ll use everything that is submitted. If your song is chosen, we will give you full credit within the game. You can either submit a full song or just a loop, but do it soon. We need your song by the end of the month so we can include it in the May release of the game. We’re looking forward to hearing what you come up with! Click on the link below to download the Liberty Theme sample pack below, bust out your music editing software, and let’s hear those hot beats!